Moving forward, cleaning house!

After sitting with the architect's sketch for a couple of weeks and talking with a realtor friend (shout-out to Terry Schneeman for offering his honest opinion and being an all-around good guy!), we have decided that moving ahead with a remodel of our home is the best course of action.  We have a few weeks to try to re-organize and de-clutter before they start tearing our house apart.  Naturally, that started us thinking about simplifying our life more generally and we've come up with a few things that y'all might be able to help with...
  • Anyone in Butler County know where to discard electronics?  We have an old flat-screen TV that doesn't work, an old printer, etc.  If you wanted to volunteer to help us actually get stuff there (some of it's heavy), you get bonus points.
  • We are looking to sell our 2006 Mazda 3, so if you know of anyone who might be interested, note that it is a manual transmission.  Kevin is driving less and less and we are going to need the garage space.  OR if anyone has experience selling a car and would like to take charge of this for us, that would be awesome.  
  • Other things that we would like to move along: a dirt bike, a go-kart, and a 6'X9' flatbed trailer used to transport aforementioned dirt bike and go-kart.  Also a Craftsman dump cart that can attach to a rider mower (but can also just be used as a wheelbarrow by itself).  If anyone is interested in any of these things or is able to help us Craigslist them (for instance), let us know.


Comments

  1. Best Buy takes flat screen TVs for recycling, but I believe they charge $25 above a certain size. Butler County Department of Environment Services takes electronics (including TVs) several times per year at no charge, but it will probably be summer before they have another electronics recycling event. Cohen Recycling (Middletown and Hamilton) used to take electronic scrap, but I'm not sure of the cost or when/where they accept them. I will do some Googling and see what I can find.

    I know someone who might be interested in your car--he is a friend of our girls and he is without a car right now. He may be willing to learn how to drive a stick if he can afford the car. If you can email me the details (work or home account), I will see if he is interested.

    I will also ask around about the dirt bike, go-kart and trailer. Do you have prices in mind for these items?

    --Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be happy to take your electronics to the recycler for you. Send me an email if you still need it done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still figuring out how blogging technology works, didn't know it was going to show my name as "Unknown" ;) If you can't see my name/email address on your end, the offer to help is from Winslow W.

      Delete
    2. I, too, am a blogging novice, so I don't know how to make it notify me when comments are posted, ha! Hence I'm just now getting your message, sorry! You might know this already, but we unloaded a bunch of stuff at work and Kevin H took care of it. Thanks for your offer!!

      Delete
  3. Cohen (there's one at the Sharonville/West Chester boundary near Ikea) takes electronics recycling. They might charge for the TV, but it'll be cheaper than Best Buy. I'm happy to take it there for you, just let me know! 😊 - Janna 419-575-9555

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

He is free!

Funeral details--UPDATED

Update and thank you