Van
Thanks to all of you who helped clean out our garage! Everything pictured has been claimed, but stay tuned, there may be more! We have been out looking at vans and are in the process of deciding what features are a priority (side vs. rear loading, manual vs. automatic ramp, etc).
I must say that Kevin is handling the whole process better than I am at this point. I had always hoped, after Kevin retired, that he would be able to purchase for himself some kind of an obnoxious sports car. Not a wheelchair, or a van to transport one. But Kevin is resilient as ever and says, "It's only stuff," and then he gets busy comparing features and, oddly enough, getting excited about it. And since they all look the same to me, I'm happy to give him complete control over this decision and get exactly what he wants, whether it would be something new or used or bought or leased or whatever.
We have had several very generous offers from people who are eager to make a financial contribution towards this purchase and have offered to set up a Go-Fund-Me page, etc, and I just ask that you be patient while we determine what we need and want and what kind of help we are comfortable accepting. We have had a very close eye on our financial situation since Kevin was diagnosed in December, and we want to assure everyone that we are okay. But we do know that others are wanting to help, so we just need to figure out the best way to accept that help while navigating our own feelings of uncertainty and not wanting to take advantage.
I must say that Kevin is handling the whole process better than I am at this point. I had always hoped, after Kevin retired, that he would be able to purchase for himself some kind of an obnoxious sports car. Not a wheelchair, or a van to transport one. But Kevin is resilient as ever and says, "It's only stuff," and then he gets busy comparing features and, oddly enough, getting excited about it. And since they all look the same to me, I'm happy to give him complete control over this decision and get exactly what he wants, whether it would be something new or used or bought or leased or whatever.
We have had several very generous offers from people who are eager to make a financial contribution towards this purchase and have offered to set up a Go-Fund-Me page, etc, and I just ask that you be patient while we determine what we need and want and what kind of help we are comfortable accepting. We have had a very close eye on our financial situation since Kevin was diagnosed in December, and we want to assure everyone that we are okay. But we do know that others are wanting to help, so we just need to figure out the best way to accept that help while navigating our own feelings of uncertainty and not wanting to take advantage.
Comments
Post a Comment