A Walk Around the Park: Thank You!



I just can't get my act together and keep on top of this blog thing. I apologize! I'll be honest and say that I am feeling like I am having to slow down. Not that difficult for someone who cannot move right? Well, in pure Kevin fashion, I've spread myself too thin over the projects and correspondence that I have tried to juggle. So my absence (to those of you who don't see me regularly) is not as much a decline in health so much as a preservation of energy. So unlike conservation of energy in a closed system, my Lagrangian is NOT symmetric under continuous translations over time. I know right?! I'm not so sure it's even symmetric over space, which really messes with my momentum also. Don't worry. I'll spare the math and physics coolness of Emmy Noether. Along with the fun of pronouncing her last name if you're not familiar with her theorem.  ;)

The ALS walk was so wonderful. I can't thank you enough for your thoughts, prayers, donations and showing up at the walk. I truly feel and appreciate whatever you were able to share. I am so blessed to have such support from all of you and I wish that I could respond to each of you personally as I do think of you each individually and how you've touched my life. It may have been before my illness, or after, or both. Each of us has a unique sphere of influence that is comprised of the people whose lives we intersect. The strength we have as human beings is built around these relationships, however fleeting or insignificant that one can be where you just held the door open and smiled at the stranger at McDonald's. I wish we all could have the chance to witness the outpouring of love from those that we intersect as I have. Regardless of any ill fortune that tends to evoke this outpouring, we should all recognize how we can both give and receive this love to and from those around us. I admit that it is difficult to see the scope of that sphere of influence around us without some catalyzing event that brings it into focus, but know that it is there. At the very least, know that I am reciprocating the love each of you has shown me. Take that and apply it to others in your own sphere and recognize the relationships that bind us together. 

For me, this defines what God did for us by sending His Son to redeem us. To bring us back into right relationship with Him. This is why in John 14, Jesus tells us that he is the way, the truth and the life; that no one comes to the Father, but through him. God speaks to all of us collectively while also to each of us individually in the Bible. This is a classic example for me. This verse in John 14, is Jesus replying to Thomas who had asked how they were supposed to know the way if they didn't know where he was going? I am Thomas. I have a slow and critical mind. And God knows my mind and heart better than I do. And in his infinite mercy, has patiently allowed me to turn around and see that he has been beside me all the time. His searching for the one lost sheep is the searching each of us does, because he is in us, to find our way back. For me, I hear his voice strongest in the interactions with all of you. Calling to me. Showing me the way. Thank you all so much. Now listen, and you'll hear him calling you. 

Comments

  1. This is beautiful, brother. Grace changes everything, for all of us. Also, your note about Thomas reminds me: Thomas was also the brave apostle who said to the others “Let us also go, that we may die with him.”
    ‭‭(John‬ ‭11‬:‭16‬) - when the other apostles feared Jesus’ persecution upon going to Judea to raise Lazarus.
    Love,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

He is free!

Funeral details--UPDATED

Update and thank you