Update and thank you

 First of all, a big thank you to everyone who has contacted us through text and email.  I wish I could respond to each individual one, but just know that the messages are all gratefully received and shared with Kevin.  I know that everyone is wondering how he is doing, particularly if you are used to seeing us at church or support group and we haven't been around.

Our days are very unpredictable.  On some days, Kevin's respiration is relatively "normal," or at least calm, while other days revolve around coughing and suctioning mucus. We have discovered that a medication regimen (even through the night) allows us to keep ahead of the coughing for the most part.  Unfortunately, it also wreaks havoc on Kevin's ability to use his eye-gaze technology, so communication through his Tobii device is definitely hit-or-miss.  Some days he can type whole sentences.  On other days we have to spell out what he needs; I slowly recite the alphabet and watch for him to raise his eyebrows when I get to the right letter.  It's excruciatingly slow.  He's also been sleeping more hours of the day, possibly because coughing and communication are both exhausting.

Anyway, we continue to just take it one day at a time (or sometimes 20 minutes at a time).  Thanks for continued prayers!

Jane

Comments

  1. Kevin and Jane I have let Father Simon Peter know you need his prayers and support. Know God loves you Kevin and keeps an eye on Jane. You loved and cared for deeply by the St Max community and especially the Suer family. I will be offering all my masses and Adorations thru Lent for Kevin, Jane and the Rowland family. May God, his Angels and Saints continue to protect you and care for all of you. In His name we pray. Dan and Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

He is free!

Funeral details--UPDATED