We're still hanging in there!

 Hi all,

I'm so sorry that it has been such a long time since we have posted an update.  There is not a lot of "news" to share.  Kevin continues to have good hours and bad hours.  The good hours are spent visiting with friends and family or relaxing with a TV show.  The bad hours are generally spent coughing.  He's on numberous medications to alleviate that, but in the end it's just part of the disease.  As diaphragm function is compromised, more secretions build up.  We also regularly use the cough-assist and suction machines, which means that trips outside the house are nearly impossible without dragging a lot of equipment with us.

Next week our kids will be headed to our annual Michigan trip to visit friends.  This is the first year since Kevin's diagnosis that he and I will not be able to go.  Obviously that makes me sad, but I remain grateful that Kevin is still here.  He was able to make that trip every summer for FIVE years-- something that we would not have dared to hope in December of 2019 when we first received his diagnosis.

Thank you all for the kind emails and texts that you have sent.  Be assured that I have read every single one to him.  Through it all, he maintains his sense of humor.  Recently we added a new puppy to our family.  When I asked him if it was just "too crazy?"  He responded, "No, it's just crazy enough."

Jane

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He is free!

Funeral details--UPDATED

Update and thank you