Prayers and a puppy picture :)

Hi all!

Every Monday morning at 11am, a man by the name of Timothy Martin leads a rosary via Zoom for people with a connection to ALS.  If you'd like to join us you can email Tim at this address: timjmartin13@gmail.com.  He sends reminders every Sunday with the link.  It is a small but growing group of people from all over the country.  At the end, he reads the following prayer, which is beautiful.  I'm not sure who wrote it.

A Prayer for Healing from ALS
Jesus,
You know every part of me--every cell, every muscle, every thought.
You saw this diagnosis coming long before I did, and still, You promise to be with me through it all.
Lord, I ask for a miracle.
I believe You are the same God who made the blind see,
who made the lame walk,
who raised the dead.
If it is Your will, I ask You to touch my body and heal me from ALS.
Restore what is broken.  Repair what is fading. Strengthen what is weak.
But even if You don't heal me in the way that I hope,
I ask for peace that passes understanding.  Give me courage for each new day.
Use my story to bring light to others.
And never let me forget that You are with me--always.
Thank You for loving me.
Thank you for hearing me.
I trust You, Jesus.
Amen

On a lighter note, some people requested photos of the new puppy.  Her name is Ivy, and she is 6 months old today.  Some of you in my generation might remember the cartoon "Pinky and The Brain."  Well, I think Ivy looks a little like Brain.  I've posted pics for comparison and you can decide for yourselves. 😆


The Brain


Ivy



Comments

  1. What a wonderful prayer! I will pray it in Kevin’s name. Also - Ivy indeed looks the Brain! I’ll bet the artist had a similar dog and had fun doing the caricature.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

He is free!

Funeral details--UPDATED

Update and thank you