Kevin passed peacefully surrounded by family members around 11pm last night. We had offered Mass remotely together to ring in the Solemnity of Christ the King, and our parochial vicar Fr. Matt came over to anoint him. It had been my desire to hold his hand all the way up to the gate of heaven, and I am grateful that I was able to do that. I can't imagine the celebration awaiting him on the other side. I know he was looking forward to seeing the children we lost so many years ago (Anna, Joseph, and William), along with so many other relatives and friends. I feel a certain triumph, too, in knowing that there is no place in eternity for the chains of ALS that had so secure a hold him for six years. They were shed like cobwebs the instant Jesus took his hand! A friend of mine found this picture in an old stash. It was taken in 2013, long before we heard the words, "You have ALS." This was one of Kevin's favorite places--on the boat in Mi...
Comments
Post a Comment